Verité Research is looking to hire a Research Manager to join our Media Research Team.
Verité Research is a private think tank in Colombo that conducts research in Economics, Politics, Law and Media.
At Verité Research, we offer our staff an interdisciplinary research environment and direct exposure to the work and management of the organisation.
Verité follows a hybrid work structure where employees can work remotely or from the office, as needed. This is based on demands of specific tasks and roles. Working from the office is encouraged when working on tasks that require a high degree of collaboration.
3 reasons you should apply to Verité Research:
- Skill Development: You’ll sharpen research, analysis, writing, and critical thinking skills through mentorship from experts in Economics, Law, and Media.
- Interdisciplinary Exposure: You’ll work in a diverse environment and be exposed to various aspects of the organization’s work.
- Impactful Contribution: You’ll have the opportunity to actively contribute to addressing real-world problems through research and advocacy efforts.
In this role you will:
- Ensuring that Assignments run smoothly and monitoring timely delivery via project dashboards
- In some instances, leading Assignments and assuming complete accountability for quality delivery and successful closure of projects.
- Assisting in the overall management of Assignments of the Media Research Team including guiding and grooming junior team members.
- Developing and executing processes which assist the research teams to deliver.
- Communicating effectively, problem-solving and providing time solutions proactively.
What we require:
- Education: First Class or Second Upper Degree in any field. A Degree in Media, Business Management will be an added advantage and asset.
- Experience: Two to three years of any work experience, with demonstrated ability in leading and managing processes and teams to achieve results. Given that Assignments/Project will be in the Media and Politics field, a fair knowledge, interest and/or passion to learn is imperative.
- Skills and knowledge:
- Analtyical capability
- Report writing skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to coordinate and provide leadership/direction
- Conflict resolution
- Manage project dashboards
- Project planning and forecasting
- Language Proficiency: Full professional proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English is required. Professional working proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking Sinhala/Tamil. Language skills will be assessed at the time of shortlisting.
To apply: Please send in your CV to email@example.com
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Last modified: November 6, 2023