Verité Research offers advisory services to clients from the government, corporate, development and diplomatic sectors.
Verité Research offers advisory services to clients from the government, corporate, development and diplomatic sectors. These services can be customised to suit the specific needs of each client. Advisory packages are available as one-off engagements or as continuous engagements on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis. Verité offers three types of consultation as described below.
A strategy consultation typically consists of a half or full day structured discussion at which Verité engages clients on their organisational strategy. Verité draws on its interdisciplinary research expertise in the fields of economics, politics, law, and media to offer clients advice on:
- Sri Lanka’s political economy and implications for key sectors;
- Organizational/investment/programmatic strategy;
- Targeted interventions; and
- The identification of actors who can promote or impede programmatic/corporate objectives.
The outcome of this consultation is captured in a five-page Outcome Document, which will then serve as a template for future strategy development.
Verité uses the breadth of its research expertise and comprehensive knowledge of the trilingual media landscape to prepare five- to eight-page thematic briefing papers that analyses context and provides diagnostics on issues of relevance for its clients. These papers cover a range of themes, which fall within the following broad categories:
- Economic policy interventions (e.g. electronic signatures, electronic procurement, accession to the Madrid Protocol, and establishment of an EXIM bank);
- Justice sector and rule of law reform (e.g. public accountability systems, and enhancement of the efficiency of the criminal justice system);
- Political landscape, power sharing, and governance reform (e.g. state of politics in Sri Lanka, ethno-religious violence, electoral reform, parliamentary practice and performance, and local government);
- Human rights and labour standards (e.g. right to information, Open Government Partnership, GSP+ conditions, and labour sector reforms);
- Media discourse, freedom, and ethics (e.g. media sentiment analysis, media sector reform, and ethics in reporting and advertising);
- Transitional justice and reconciliation (e.g. recommendations of the Lessons Learnt and Reconciliation Commission, and implementation of UN Human Rights Council resolutions); and
- Environmental sustainability and disaster risk management (e.g. building resilience to natural disasters, and sustainable fishing practices).
Verité Research is a private think tank that provides strategic analysis for Asia. Its main research divisions are economics, politics, law and media.
Our research and analysis are relied on by a wide range of organisations, policymakers and even governments due to our meticulous approach and impartiality.
Our economics, politics, media and law teams cross pollinate each other to collaboratively offer clients, policymakers and the wider public world class research.
Presenting policy recommendations and analysis through compelling and digestible narratives have led to changes in national policy and economic strategy.